What type of coffee preparation is best for you? In a filter machine or with a fully automatic coffee machine?
Whether the choice falls on a coffee machine in which the coffee is brewed through a filter or on a fully automatic coffee machine depends on the various wishes and ideas of the consumer.
When deciding on a coffee machine or fully automatic coffee machine, an important decision-making criterion can be the frequency of coffee enjoyment, for example whether "only" a simple filter coffee is considered sufficient and desired or whether the enjoyment of many different coffee specialties, such as latte macchiato or cappuccino , espresso and other coffee variations should provide variety.
There are many different specialty coffees that cannot be made in a simple filter coffee maker. Fully automatic coffee machines are equipped with an additional milk tank and can therefore also automatically produce coffee specialties with frothed milk.
In coffee machines, on the other hand, only filter coffee can be prepared as the only type of coffee. The fully automatic coffee machine produces the coffee at the push of a button according to specific presets, the coffee programs. The coffee machine ensures that the right amount of coffee beans is removed, freshly grinds the beans before brewing, heats the water to the temperature specified for the respective coffee specialty and can also provide steam and water pressure, for example when preparing espresso.
The filling of the storage container for coffee beans and the water tank is necessary for the preparation of several portions of coffee in a fully automatic machine. With a filter machine, however, the container and the water have to be refilled every time after a complete run.
In the filter machine, the coffee is prepared either for a single cup or up to 10 or 12 cups of coffee, depending on the size of the coffee machine, with a few simple steps more than with the fully automatic coffee machine. If previously ground coffee is used, some of the fresh aroma can be lost during storage. Otherwise, the coffee must first be ground separately in a coffee grinder before being poured into the paper filter.
In the filter machine, however, the drink can be prepared according to self-portioned amounts of coffee and according to your own recipes, for example by adding different spices. Flavor variations can also be created in coffee machines for filter coffee, for example by adding cocoa, cinnamon, chili, cardamom or other spices.
Some features and differences in bullet points
Fully automatic coffee machine:
- automatic preparation at the push of a button according to preset programs,
- Coffee beans are automatically ground in the right amount just before preparation,
- Fully automatic coffee machines are also available as machines with coffee capsules or coffee pads, with these coffee machines the capsules are filled with the appropriate ground coffee blends for the respective specialty,
- Large variety of different coffee specialties, such as cappuccino, espresso, latte macchiato and others,
- large water tank, reservoir for coffee beans and container for coffee grounds, thus little work and production of many portions possible until the next refilling and emptying of the coffee grounds container,
- higher acquisition costs and potentially greater maintenance or repair costs,
- well-known manufacturers of fully automatic coffee machines are, for example: Melitta, DeLonghi, Siemens, Krups, Bosch, Philips, Nescafé, and other manufacturers or distributors.
- practical household appliance that takes up very little space in most cases and fits in even the smallest kitchen,
- Cup size adjustable from 1-10 cups
- significantly lower acquisition costs,
- only production of filter coffee possible - however, the amount of coffee used can be determined by yourself and variations in taste are possible according to your own recipes with the addition of cocoa or spices,
- Moccamaster offers the best flavor of any filter machine
- Preparation for 10 cups within 2 minutes
- Quieter preparation than with a fully automatic machine
- Moccamaster handmade in Holland with a 5 year guarantee
Other possible criteria for the choice of coffee machine or fully automatic coffee machine
In private households, the very big difference in the purchase costs of a coffee machine for filter coffee or an often much more expensive fully automatic coffee machine can be a decisive reason for the choice.
In offices, practices or other commercial companies, on the other hand, the coffee machine is often preferred, for example because of the much higher coffee consumption by employees and customers.