Free online instruction via Zoom or Facetime. Simply write in the checkout as an order note: Instruction desired.
- Current version with ECO mode and adapted temperature control for the hot water steam boiler
- 100% Made in Germany
- PID-Display mit Shot Counter
- Shutdown in the event of a lack of water: espresso dispensing is completed even if there is a lack of water and the dispensing process is not interrupted
- "Quick Steam" valves with improved movement mechanics due to a 70° angle
The Synchronika is a machine for home use with professional inner workings. Its technical concept is based on the system developed 70 years ago by the Italian company Faema, whose 1961 E61 equipped with it caused a sensation at the time. With the E61, it was possible for the first time to transfer the mechanics of a hand lever machine with a pre-infusion piston system to a pump-operated device. ECM has further developed the technology of this legendary brewing group in recent years and recently patented the new brewing bell made of stainless steel with an extended pre-brewing cylinder.
Designed entirely for taste.
A powerful, quiet rotary pump provides the necessary pressure. By actuating the tilting valve, the required amount of water is initially only transported as far as the brewing chamber and the tamped espresso ground in the portafilter is moistened. This swelling of the espresso powder is referred to as pre-infusion, in which the aromatic substances are dissolved in the coffee before the hot water is pressed through the portafilter under high pressure (9 bar) immediately afterwards during the actual extraction. It comes out? An espresso with perfect crema, balanced in taste. A digital display conveniently counts the time: it should ideally take 5-8 seconds for the coffee to run.)
Ready to use in ten minutes. Two boilers.
ECM's Synchronika is a dual boiler machine. The water for the coffee preparation is heated in one boiler (approx. 0.75 l) to 93 to 94 °C, in the second boiler (approx. 2 l) the water for steam and hot water extraction is constantly heated to a little after heating temperature maintained above 120 °C. (The PID display on the machine shows the numbers for checking.) So there is always enough hot water available to preheat the cups or for tea and it can be tapped off at the same time. If there is no need for it, the hot water boiler can also be switched off temporarily.
The two large, easy-to-read pressure gauges are used to control the boiler and brewing pressure. All parts including the housing are made of stainless steel, with the exception of the fresh water tank with a volume of approx. 2.8 l made of white plastic. The handle knobs on the toggle valves are made of black bakelite, as are the gripping surfaces on the portafilter.
The most important details summarized:
- Stainless steel coffee kettle and steam/hot water kettle
- Discreet, silver-colored PID display
- - for individual temperature setting of the boiler
- - to display the espresso processing time
- - with reminder for group cleaning
- High-quality ECM brewing group with innovative stainless steel brewing bell
- Quiet rotary pump
- Switchable from water tank to fixed water connection
- Large boiler and pump pressure gauges with a retro look
- Professional tipping valve technology in an extravagant design with ergonomic movement mechanics
- 2 ergonomically angled ECM filter carriers with balanced weight distribution
Technical details :
Scope of delivery:
1x ECM Synchronika in original packaging
1x filter carrier with 1 outlet (ECM logo) including sieve insert
1x filter carrier with 2 outlets (ECM logo) including sieve insert
1x stainless steel tamper flat
1x cleaning brush
1x metal hose
1x height grid for espresso cups
1x drain pan with mounting material
1x user manual